Monday, August 21, 2006

Ebay Woes ©


Ebay is a glorious thing. You can find almost anything on the bay.

Hugsy Penguin - 30 results
Spider-man comic - 1 Gazillion results
Razr Cell Phone - 2 Gazillion results

In that sense ebay is man's answer to supply and demand. If it's too expensive to buy it from the store, or hard to find, I just go typety type type and bada bing it's mine.

perfect.

except for that you are dealing with the unknown abyss of Sellers from who knows where.

This is today's bedtime story.

So I buy alot of stuff from ebay, phones, books, comics, jerseys, etc. I purchased a 25 year old comic on around 8/2. It had not arrived until today 8/21...20 days later. This would normally be okay if the Seller would keep me abreast of the situation. Instead, we have lies, deceit, and a cover up known as ebay-gate.

He tells me it shipped immediately and it must be the Post Office, and believe me, the USPS is a whole nother bunch of numbskulls. (disclaimer: if you are a postal worker and my friend, please erase the last sentence from your memory.) so I say okay. Turns out, he didn't even send it until 4 days ago, 8/16. so he's had my hard earned, case of the "mundaze" cash in his pocket for 2 weeks with no shippy on his side.

I had been emailing him about 4 times to give me a tracking number or something. The whole time he lied to me saying it shipped way back when.

Then it arrives. dude. I surprised someone didn't look at the package and it just fall to pieces. It wasn't even a package. It was random shards of cardboard shuffled together with some packing tape to mummify the thing. my address was made out of a piece of paper ripped into a triangle and taped to the cardboard as part of the mummification. no return address.

So I leave neutral feedback after all this. because in the end the product did get here.

what do I get in return. a fat Negative feedback for not emailing him more.

what in the world....

MORAL: Kids, save your money.

1 Comments:

Blogger calebsbrother said...

what you do is create a special part of your website with documented attempts and pictures of what he did send you. the negative feedback war is like global thermal nuclear war (WAR GAMES).. no one wins.. or like tic-tac-toe

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home