Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Brick ©


The Pin, Tug, The Brain, Heels, Taking a Powder, Dode, Birds.

All elements of a true throwback to classic film noir. Films today lack elements of interaction. There just aren't any Sam Spades or Joe Gillis' in American cinema today. Until now that is.

I offer for your approval a film. A film that in my honest opinion might be the best film I have seen all year. I mean sure, there are the Superman Returns, the Pirates of the C, and even the animated automobiles, but this is a film that aspires to tell a great detective story. A genre that hasn't been done well since Memento.

Our main character goes only by the moniker "Brendan." He lives in the underground world of high school drug cartels and a heirarchy of users and abusers. He has found his way out, until "She" forced him back in.

This film has everything, a femme fatale, an sly sleuth, double crosses, blurred lines, and ultimately, "...the stuf that dreams are made of." It is the Maltese Falcon set in the unseen world of high school popularity and the quest for power.

9/10 stars for this film



"I've got knives in my eyes, I'm going home sick."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second your motion for best film of the year!

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home